CapitaLand Limited (CapitaLand)1 is primarily engaged in investment holding and consultancy services, as well as the corporate headquarter, which gives direction, provides management support services and integrates the activities of its subsidiaries. The Company core businesses in real estate, hospitality and real estate financial services are focused in gateway cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. The Company's real estate and hospitality portfolio spans more than 90 cities in over 20 countries.
In November 2007, the Company's interest in Flicker reduced from 91% to 70%. In November 2007, the Company announced the establishment of indirect wholly owned subsidiaries, Casuarina Group Pte. Ltd., Fernwood Investments Pte. Ltd., Sunvale Investments Pte. Ltd. and Winsvale Investments Pte. Ltd. In December 2007, the Company announced the establishment of an indirect wholly owned subsidiary, CapitaLand Residential Management Consultancy Pte. Ltd.
It has two real estate investment trusts (REITs), CapitaMall Trust and CapitaCommercial Trust. It develops condominiums and houses, as well as managing commercial and retail buildings in Singapore and other parts of the world.
|Industry||Real Estate Transactions|
|Address||168 Robinson Road #30-01 Capital Tower Singapore 068912 Singapore|
- CapitaLand Commercial and Integrated Development Limited
- CapitaLand Residential
- Australand (listed, 53.3% ownership)
- CapitaLand Retail Limited
- Raffles Holdings (listed, 58.9% ownership)
- The Ascott Group (listed, 67.9% ownership)
- CapitaLand Financial
- CapitaMall Trust (listed, 33.9% ownership)
- CapitaCommercial Trust (listed, 37.4% ownership)
- Ascott Residence Trust (listed)
- September 30, 2008 - CapitaLand chiefs defend strategy2 - CEO refutes concerns over exposure in China, says group has strengthened risk management. Amidst a raft of downgrades by analysts and a slump in the company's share price, CapitaLand's top brass have defended the group's strategy.
- September 24, 2008 -CapitaLand JV awards US$500m contract3 - CAPITALA, a CapitaLand joint venture with Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala, has awarded the main construction contract for Rihan Heights, the first phase of its US$5-6 billion flagship project Arzanah in Abu Dhabi.
- September 16, 2008 - CapitaLand's one-north investment costs more4