COSCO Corporation (Singapore) Limited1 is an investment holding company. The Company's operations in Singapore and Malaysia are principally in shipping, ship repair and marine engineering activities, rental of property and investment holding, and in the People's Republic of China the operations are principally in ship repair, ship building and marine engineering activities.
On January 1, 2007, Cosco Shipyard Group-Zhoushan Branch, a branch of the Company's 51%-owned subsidiary, Cosco Shipyard (Group) Co., Ltd, located in Zhoushan was corporatized as a new company. The new company is known as Cosco (Zhoushan) Shipyard Co., Ltd (Cosco Zhoushan) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of CSG. The principal activities of Cosco Zhoushan relate to ship repair, ship building and marine engineering. In August 2007, the Company entered into voluntarily dissolution of Serene Sky Shipping Inc. and Dynamism Shipping Corporation S.A.
|Address||9 Temasek Boulevard Suntec City Tower 2, No.07-00 Singapore 038989 Singapore|
- November 3, 2008 - Cosco missing some money from Russia2 - Cosco Corp Singapore's Cosco (Zhoushan) Shipyard unit yesterday announced that it is owed US$12.4 million by the owner of three Russian-owned fish processing vessels that it undertook repair works for.
- October 16, 2008 - When silence was not golden3 - Cosco Corp Singapore truly became a penny stock yesterday, with another tumble in its share price in what was an acute crisis of confidence.
- October 16, 2008 - Cosco S'pore responds to SGX queries on price fall4 - It says no official notification of Cosco Dalian's client filing for bankruptcy. COSCO Corp Singapore finally broke its silence yesterday on several issues which had driven down its share price, after it was prompted by several queries from the Singapore Exchange (SGX) to issue a statement.
- October 15, 2008 - Cosco shares sink on analyst downgrade5 - Higher risk of order cancellations, slower shipbuilding demand. The sell- down in shares of Cosco Corp on credit concerns has left one of the last two non-penny S-shares on the brink of going under the one dollar mark. [ Analyst Report ]
- September 24, 2008 - Cosco units secure US$256m of contracts6 - COSCO Corp (Singapore) - through 51 per cent-owned Cosco Shipyard Group (CSG) - has won newbuilding and conversion contracts worth US$256.2 million, its first new orders since July.
- September 11, 2008 - Controversy brews over Cosco share options scheme7
- August 11, 2008 - Cosco tries to soothe market over changes8