Olam International Ltd1 is an integrated supply chain manager of agricultural products and food ingredients. The Company and its subsidiary companies are engaged in sourcing, processing, packaging and merchandising of agricultural products. Olam operates in 14 agricultural product categories across 56 countries. It organizes the products that it supplies into four segments: edible nuts, spices and beans; confectionery and beverage ingredients; fiber and wood products, and food staples and packaged foods. Olam operates in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australasia and the Americas.
During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2007, it acquired Queensland Cotton Holdings Limited. In September 2007, Olam incorporated acquired Olam Information Services Private Ltd. In November 2007, it acquired Naarden Agro Products B.V. and Key Foods Ingredients LLC. In November 2007, the Company incorporated a subsidiary, Multipro Gambia Limited. In December 2007, it acquired PT Dharmapala Usaha Sukses.
Olam has made 13 acquisitions since the start of 2007, according to Bloomberg data, and more may follow in the next 12 months, which may need further capital-raising.
|Address||9 Temasek Boulevard #11-02 Suntec Tower Two Singapore 038989 Singapore|
- CEO, Managing Director - Sunny Verghese
- Olam is one of the world's largest traders of cocoa beans and robusta coffee.2
- October 6, 2008 - Olam may consider more takeovers3 - Olam International Ltd, the Singapore-based commodities supplier whose shares have fallen to a two-year low, is able to meet its financial obligations and may consider further takeovers, chief executive Sunny Verghese said.
- September 12, 2008 - Olam's gearing still within a comfortable range4
- September 12, 2008 - Differentiate first, scale up later, says Olam CEO5